Gilles Dauphinais' Blog

Gilles Dauphinais' Blog

Everything Education In 2022

Thank you to this week’s presenters for sharing so much valuable information with us regarding assistive technology.  I appreciated that many items that some would never consider assisted tech – are in fact that.  These include everyday items like eye glasses, certain furniture and hearing aids. My first experience with assisted tech goes back to […]

Read more

As a member of Generation X, some daytime TV shows provided countless hours of “edutainment” to children across the world.   Sesame Street/Mr. Dressup/Romper Room/Friendly Giant/etc. were fixtures in homes with young children.  In ways, these programs were ahead of their time.  When looking back, these programs provided great motivation for children to learn.  For homes […]

Read more

After this week’s lecture, I found myself reflecting on two stages of my teaching career. being a university student – planning lessons, mini-units, and units for pre-internship experiences and my internship.  I thought back to this time and how our education profs were  attempting to move teacher instruction away from traditional / behaviorist approaches to […]

Read more