An Itch to (Cross) Stitch

For my learning project, I will be learning how to cross-stitch! I have always admired cross-stitch artwork and after I commented on a pattern my boyfriend’s mom was working on, she gave me a kit for Christmas! Although I have tried similar tasks in the past and been unsuccessful (Don’t even get me started on knitting!), I am hoping that this project will be the boost of motivation I need.

Since I am new to cross-stitch, having the kit with everything I need is super helpful. In addition to the kit, I have checked out a few resources online to ensure I have everything I need for my cross stitch journey. I found a blog titled The Cross Stitch Blog to be very helpful. This website outlined everything I need to get started cross-stitching including aida fabric, needles, embroidery hoops, thread, a pattern, and scissors. From this site, I was also able to download a free e-book called Cross Stitch for Beginners. If you are wanting to try out cross-stitch for the first time, you can download the free e-book .

My plan for my learning project is to start by exploring cross-stitches and finishing stitches. I will then start a few short and simple patterns. I will gradually work on more complex patterns and eventually, I would like to try making my own pattern! I am very excited about this learning experience and I hope you will continue to keep up with my progress!