It’s been VERY hectic week.

It’s been VERY hectic week.

So, this is my post for last week. I really meant to get this up earlier buttttt last week was also the start of my internship (basically a sixth class). I didn’t realize how big the effect of adding a class AND consequently losing an entire homework day would be. Now that I’ve been living this hectic life for over a week now, I am hoping to finally get caught up over this weekend.

Anyways, this week I watched a video by Amanda Monroe on YouTube. She gave some really helpful tips about starting a YouTube channel, reminding me that nobody cares about personal videos because nobody knows who you are. This made me brainstorm ideas that would be helpful for people to watch, regardless if they cared about me. In my ECS 303 class, many students (mainly females) didn’t know what to wear, so my video this week gives a few outfit ideas using items you probably already have in your closet.

Another tip in Amanda’s video was to have a cohesive and appealing feed, meaning thumbnails use the same template and font, so for this week’s thumbnail I used the same template and font as last week’s. Honestly, this step wasn’t really necessary since my videos are all unlisted, but I wanted my YouTube editing experience to be authentic. I use Canva and I am loving it! I find it super easy to use in making thumbnails and would like to experiment with making a powerpoint for teaching. The Loom video below shows the home page, the works I have made, and a few template design ideas.

I think watching and learning about YouTube from someone who actually has a YouTube channel has been the most helpful out of the online learning methods I’ve tried. I’ll probably find more videos to learn from next week, and then maybe a podcast…?

Anyways, if you want to watch my video and cringe as I did while editing, here it is:

2 thoughts on “It’s been VERY hectic week.

1. Hey!
    The outfits look great! Internship can definitely be stressful! And that video wasn’t cringe at all! keep up the good work!
    Aiden

2. Hello!

Thanks for posting! I have definitely wondered about what I should wear in school. I feel like I have a very teacher-like personality and thus have already acquired a decent amount of teacher-like clothes. I like the way you style your outfits!

Bernice