Pros and Cons of Using iMovie

Pros and Cons of Using iMovie

I decided that for this week’s and next week’s post I am going to film a day in the life and then compare the editing softwares I used. This week I used iMovie, which I have used for almost all my videos. Next week I will explore more of what TikTok has to offer.

Of my experiences with iMovie, including this week, here’s a list of pros and cons…

Pros:

• Pretty user friendly and easy to get started
  • You can easily mute certain clips or sounds, increase the volume, and it even automatically lowers the music you add when you are talking in your video
  • Gives templates
  • Lots of music and sound effect choices
  • Easy to cut and edit clips

Cons:

• Not many transition choices
  • Limited text placement and font options
  • Not many photo filters
  • Just lacks “pizzazz” and looks boring

I decided to add time stamps to my clips this week and decided to cut out the background music in certain parts of the video. I easily added in photos and videos, including a time lapse. I wish the lighting was better, but when it’s cloudy, you just have to deal with my yellow lighting. Additionally, I wish the camera quality was better, but again, what do you want me to do other than drop hundreds of dollars on a camera? But I do think that by using the back camera on my phone, which I find easier to do when using TikTok, the quality might be a little better than using my front camera.

If you would like to watch my video, click here. Another thing I changed for this video was my thumbnail template, for which I have found one I think I really like.

Maybe I’ll try a third editing software after next week? Comment below which ones you recommend!