Pros and Cons of Tik Tok

Pros and Cons of Tik Tok

Hey guys!

In this post I am going to be discussing my experiences with editing using Tik Tok which I used to edit this (last) week’s video.

Pros:

1. I love that Tik Tok makes it super easy to delete clips immediately after filming.
  2. I also love that the app allows you to immediately see how your clips will flow together/transition while filming.
  3. Filming takes place on the app so I don’t need to use a lot of storage on my camera roll.
  4. Tik Tok has so many effects, and as far as I could see, they are all free…
    1. Green screens, random generators that float over your head, face filters…
    2. Many original sounds and sound effects
    3. Text
    4. Camera Effects (like the one at the end of my video)
    5. Picture Overlays
    6. Voice filters
  5. Tik Tok uploads your final video a lot faster than YouTube does AND I don’t need to make a thumbnail for it (if I only posted on Tik Tok).

Now onto the negatives…

1. The actual clipping of each clip was very difficult, probably by the fact that it’s a vertical editing app which means there’s not much room for me to work on.
  2. I absolutely hate that you can’t clip the music you add to your video, which is very easy to do on iMovie.
  3. I found that many of the cool effects on Tik Tok weren’t relevant to the type of video I was making, but if I was doing a dance video or cool makeup transition they would be helpful.

Even though Tik Tok has more positives than negatives about it, I still prefer iMovie. Not being able to cut and mute certain parts of the music really irritated me. I also find it a little bit easier to clip sections of my video and delete them on iMovie compared to Tik Tok, partly because I have more space.

In this video I take you through a Monday in my life. I do homework, cook, clean, go to work, and try to have a semi-relaxing day reading and watching YouTube. I also discuss my quarter life crisis and how I’ve been feeling recently…Hint:

Here’s my video!

One thought on “Pros and Cons of Tik Tok

1. Hey Hailey! Loved your TikTok editing insights! Quick clip deletion, smooth flow, and cool effects make it fun. Understand the frustration with music clipping and vertical challenges. Despite TikTok’s positives, your preference for iMovie is clear.

Your video gives a glimpse into a day in your life, and the candid moments and thoughts you share add a personal touch. Quarter-life crises and the struggle to balance work, school, and life are relatable topics.

Keep up the fantastic work