Lesson Plan Sharing with LOOM!

Lesson Plan Sharing with LOOM!

Because the end of the year is looming ahead, I thought it’d be fun to take a peek at the lesson plans I’ve created these past couple of years using Loom (see what I did there?). I’ve made a quick 2-Part video series posted below that gives you an overview of each lesson.

Anyways, I went through and posted all of my lesson plans to my website so you can take a look at them and maybe save them for future use in your classrooms! I wanted to take the stress that lesson planning may have over you and show you the wide variety I’ve made to spark some inspiration.

Using Loom is very easy. I just click a button, it counts down from 3 and then it starts recording. You also have the option to have your camera on and to include audio, which I did and is also just the click of a button. Because I don’t have any paid version of Loom, I have a limit of five minutes per video.

So I filmed this video in two parts thinking that I could download them and join them together using iMovie…I could not, downloading is a paid feature apparently. Soooo I had to film an intro also using Loom, and edit down part one so I could clip that intro in without going over the five minute limit. The cutting, clipping, and adding features are all free. But I was a little disappointed that I couldn’t put everything into one video.

If you do not use Loom that often or just want to make quick videos, I would definitely recommend it. It’s user friendly and there are lots of free features you can use while recording, like changing your background, drawing, and adding confetti. You can also move the circle with your face on it around the screen as you record. You can pause and restart your video using the tab in the top left corner as well. As mentioned, basic editing features are also free. AI also titles your video for you and writes a description and summary of your video. But if you want to use it often and make longer videos, I would only recommend it if you want to spend the money.

Comment below which lesson idea was your favourite and feel free to share links to lesson plans that you’ve done as well!