Home

Home

Hello! My name is Hailey Jorgensen and I am a third year middle years education student. I have always wanted to be a teacher and am excited for my internship next year. Welcome to my education journey!

Hometown and Family Life

I grew up on a small cattle farm outside of Redvers, Saskatchewan, which has a population of about 1000 people. I attended Redvers School, from Kindergarten to Grade 12, and graduated as the valedictorian of my class.

Family is a big part of my life. I live with my parents, two brothers and one sister, ages 15, 13, and seven. My sister and I share a love of reading, and watching her learn how to read inspired my decision to want to become a teacher.

My parents and I.
My family and I in 2018.

Work and School Life

I worked at my town’s local Pharmasave for three years, and it was a great experience for a shy introvert like myself. I learned how to approach people; having a job showed me initiative, and how to be responsible in a work place. I was even trained as a pharmacist’s assistant to fill in part time for a co-worker who took a few months off during the beginning of Covid-19 pandemic. Currently I work at Ricki’s and Bootlegger at the Victoria Square mall.

I have always had a great relationship with school. For the most part, I was excited to go everyday. I have always enjoyed reading, and learning new things. It is my hope to help establish this same relationship with my own students and their school career.

Social Scene

Alongside my family, I have many people who I know will support me through the ups and downs of life including my best friends: Kala, Sadie, Maddy, and Cash.

My friends and I have grown up together in both elementary and high school, as well as in the dance studio.

The dance studio has always been a comforting place for me. I felt free to be my weird self and had fun learning new dance styles. Dance was always an outlet for me, I focused on perfecting new dance moves and didn’t have to worry about the stresses of school or work.

FUN FACTS

• Full Name: Hailey Nicole Dale Jorgensen
  • Birthday: March 18th, 2003
  • Hobbies:
    • Dance (I was a dancer for 15 years)
    • Reading
    • Listening to music
    • Baking
  • My favourites:
    • Books: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han, and Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery
    • Movie: The Hunger Games and Beauty and the Beast (2017)
    • Singer: Taylor Swift
    • TV Show: Gilmore Girls
  • I am an introvert.
  • I have double jointed elbows.
  • Teaching has been my dream job since I was 9 years old.