Week 7

On Friday October 18th, my EVIS 101 class went to the Mackenzie Art Gallery. We watched a short film before heading up the stairs to see all paintings. I thought the film was quite bizarre at first because there was no sound but when we finished the film, one of the staff members came into the room and said that the sound was now working. However, the film was very interesting, the female who was the main actress almost looked like she was trying to build a connection with the environment that she was in. I think that the woman was trying to express that her and the environment are one.

After the film, the classes headed upstairs to where all the art exhibits were. There were so many interesting and beautiful art pieces. The three photos that I chose to use as my photos for this week’s blog post are the ones that stood out to me the most. They were so beautiful but also so unique. The middle one with all the neutral colors is my favorite piece. That piece is called “after the storm” and it does look like a storm had just went through the land while the sun was setting. This piece just stood out to me and I was immediately drawn to it. I was also drawn to the other two images as well, I think it is because they are so simple. Each one of these images had a very bold factor to them that made it easy for them to stand out to me. For smell, I did not smell anything and the same for touch because you are not supposed to touch the art exhibits!