Professional Learning, Pre-Internship and Lesson Plans

Attached are the lesson plans I used throughout my pre-internship. In order of when I taught them, they were Social Studies, ELA, Health, ELA, ELA and Physical Education, French, and Science. Use them for ideas if you’d like. I wrote a reflection about each in case I want to use it again in the future.

The first was Social Studies. We read a story and had the students fill out a KWL chart. I also showed a video from the CBC during the Tokyo Olympics that was an excellent hook.

We did another ELA lesson and a Phys Ed lesson. For ELA we taught figurative language found in Taylor Swift songs and then had the students find their own.

For Phys Ed, we taught handball. It was inclusive and the students worked hard.

Next was French. It expanded upon the students’ French Christmas vocabulary. It was a ton of fun. It can be rowdy, so keep in mind the demeanor of the class.

Finally, I finished with Science. We used playdoh to learn about cells, organelles, differentiation and characteristics of life.

Also, here is a host-reflection assignment where we had to do some readings and engage with others for thoughtful and rich conversation.