Data Leaks Sink Ships

In school, I don’t remember learning a whole lot about cyber safety. I do remember in about grade five I believe we had a whole lesson plan about cyber safety. I went to a very catholic school therefore we talked a lot about not talking to strangers, and clicking weird things random people send us. We also talked about a healthy balance for using your phone or devices daily. I remember being scared of the internet so I believe that a scare tactic was used as well as informing facts.

The Internet Can Be Scary | CleanRouter

I found these tatics helpful but yet at the same time I wish we were given more resources. Resources for cyber safety are important for all people to have access to. Now that we have moved to a more technological world knowing where to access these resources is important. Reaching out to the right people who you know will help you.

I feel like the approach of educating into proper use and sharing the facts would be the best. Students will know how to safely use the internet safely but also know what to do. I would want to teach students how great of a tool technology is in not only the classroom but their own personal life’s. Teach them how to use it propely and that if they don’t it will be taken away and then I will explain to the students why what they did isn’t safe or can be harmful. To teach the nine elements I would work at breaking down the elements and studying each one. We would do fun games to help learn, and do some worksheets as well.

One thought on “Data Leaks Sink Ships”

1. Hi Jaida,
    I feel like everyone is talking about scare tactics this week in relation to the internet – which I get, the internet is very scary. I feel like no matter what we do as teachers, it will come across as a scare tactic! But I think doing fun games to help teach the concept of internet availability would be a nice change from the scare tactics!