Knitting Journey: The Art of Starting Over

So i made a boo-boo. I was really getting into my sweater when I realized I was making a huge mistake. I was forgetting to add a  row of just knit Stitches between my increase rows, which would make it increase too fast and them it would get all floppy instead of a nice gradual increase that lays nice. Unfortunately I didn’t realize right away so I was getting quite far into it and at that point there was no fixing it. I ended up having to take all my work apart and start over. Yes this is no the best case scenario, but now going back I am really paying more attention and am becoming more consistent. So, yes bad start, but now my sweater will be better than it would’ve been. I really cannot be that upset as I know it is for the better, not only will me sweater look better but this gives me more practice to make my knitting better.

On a good note, the hand cramps are GONE! I have been knitting enough that my hands no longer hurt when I’m working and now I can work way faster. It is becoming extremely fun and i love doing it. There really isn’t anything better that slowly seeing my work come together. Since this is a top-down sweater that means that I am beginning the work at the neck and working my way down the body then going back and doing the arms.

This here is where my work is currently since having to start over. So I am currently working on the ribbing for the collar. All this consists of knitting one stitch then purling one stitch. This sweater honestly works really fast as it is just involves those two stiches for the entirety and for the body you switch to just knit stitches so its even faster than the collar.

Something I have come to love is watching people on Youtube knit or crochet while I work. Some of my favorite people to watch are it’s erin b.Jenna Phipps, and Anna Kallajian. These are some creators that I have found that I love. Also these creators have great informational videos about yarn crafts and even will have patterns on their page which makes it super easy to try new projects. They are honestly very comforting to watch and by watching them they make me want to be more productive on what I’m working on.

Now lets hope that I do not make anymore major errors and I can smoothly get this sweater done!