Knitting Journey: The Finale

Over the course of this semester I tried to learn how to knit a semester. Spoiler alert, I did not knit a sweater. It is not that i was unsuccessful in learning how to knit, but that i just didn’t give myself the time to actually complete the sweater. This is not to say that I gave up on the project as I fully intend to finish it I have just learned that I am an incredibly slow knitter, which I should’ve seen coming as I am also quite a slow crocheter.

I do have to say I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of resources there was online for knitting. The act of finding the resources to learn to knit was actually incredibly easy and I very quickly found easy videos to follow. I did find that because I already knew how to crochet there was skills from that that I could apply to knitting and the whole learning process became quite easy.

I am very proud of what I was able to do and learn just by using YouTube videos. So, although I did not complete my sweater I would say that I did successfully learn to knit and that I will continue to knit in the future, which is exactly what I wanted to get out of this project.

I found that this project allowed me to open my eyes on just how useful the internet is on education and how the internet can be a very useful tool in the learning process. We are definitely in an age where the internet is unavoidable, but at the same time it can be used in many aspects of our everyday life that make our lives easier.

One thought on “Knitting Journey: The Finale”

1. Hi Jenna. It sounds like you had a successful journey in knitting and learned some things about yourself. Something that seemed like it was helpful was the resources online you said there were. Unfortunately during my experience with Yoga, I found videos and apps to be super repetitive. I am glad there were easy videos that you could essentially just follow! Even though you did not hit your initial goal of creating a sweater, please give yourself more credit for your accomplishments.