Picture of dog
EDTC300 Posts

A little about me

Hey everyone, my name is Jenna Rhodes. I am 22 years old and taking K-5 education at the University of Regina. I am a proud dog mama of a 2 year old Boston terrier X pug named Nash. He got his name because somewhere I have always wanted to visit and my favourite tv show is called Nashville. My dream job as a child was to work at Disney world and dress up as a character! What got me into becoming a teacher was I started working at a daycare when I was 16 and I fell in love with inspiring children.

Even though I made this blog in my first years of university I am still a new bee when it comes to posting on it! but, I look forward to sharing my learning process through out the school term. The topic I chose to focus on for my learning project is cooking new recipes. I moved out by myself a year ago and am thinking it’s time to upgrade my cooking skills from my usual chicken strips and ramen noodles. Cooking more is also on my 2024 new years resolution list so I am very interested in learning this topic. I also remember in high school we had a cooking class so I love how cooking can also be brought into a school environment.

• Paige Belcourt

Hi Jenna, I feel you on the cooking! I moved here in August and even when I’m inspired to cook, I don’t have the ingredients or the time! Even if I did, I’m sure I would end up making Kraft Dinner or something simple! That is such a good goal, I hope you share recipes so I can try to improve too!

• Sarah Miller

Hi Jenna!

Your puppy is so cute, and Nash is such a cute name.

I LOVE to cook and it was something I was also thinking about doing for my Learning project.
    What are your favorite foods to cook with? Mines garlic!