EDTC300,  Learning Project EDTC300

Influenced by TiK Tok

When the same tik Tok keeps showing up on your for you page its only a matter of time until you are like I can do this. Well that’s what happened to me, Tanghulu kept showing up with someone taking a nice big crunch out of the fruit. I Had to try it!

Tanghulu is a “traditional Chinese snack that consists of skewered fruits, typically hawthorn berries or other fruits such as strawberries, grapes, or kiwi, coated in a layer of hard, translucent sugar. The sugar coating gives tanghulu a shiny, glossy appearance and a sweet, crunchy texture. Tanghulu is popular during holidays and festivals in China and is also enjoyed as a street food treat”.

I found a version of it where you could make  Tangulu in the microwave because I didn’t have a thermometer to cook it on the stove and I was so convinced that it worked! Until I took a bite… I thought my teeth got welded together, they were so stuck together I had a mini panic attack because I just got a filling the day prior I thought maybe it was going to rip it out lol!!
I feel this snack would be amazing if I was able to cook it properly but I am to scared to try it again!

• Ashley Cox

This looks like fun! I had also seen this video’s at one point but I never knew what it was called or that it is a traditional Chinese snack. I’m not sure if a candy thermometer is completely different from a meat thermometer. If they aren’t that different, I would say definitely invest in a kitchen thermometer. I use mine all the time. It keeps my food from being undercooked but I’m able to take it out when my food is still tender and juicy.

It can be disheartening when a recipe doesn’t work the first time, but don’t give up!

• Karley Van De Sype

Hi Jenna,
    I am sorry to hear about you experience trying this! I have also been seeing this all over my for you page and have been wanting to try it too. I have to say now I am a little afraid lol
    Thank you for sharing,
    Karley