EDTC300,  EDTC300 Posts

The power of learning from others

I have benefited from this class in a huge way. Before I would have said I was pretty beginner level when it came to adding link and pictures into my blogs and using the internet to educate myself but now I would say I feel I am pretty novice level. Obviously my journey of learning about educational technology does not end here, having good technology programs in my classroom has now become something that I think is really important. The only issue I faced this term about learning about technology is keeping up with the posts of others, I will not lie the comment area was a big slack for me during the blog posts. Even though I made few comments on blogs I have definitely helped my peers and my peers have helped me through this journey. I feel my help was more behind the scenes, my fellow classmate Jesa and I have a couple other classes together and we would meet before class to help each other out on our blog posts in person. I feel I also gave good input into our breakout rooms that the classmates and I have gathered into.

I was able to gather some text messages that I feel helped me and helped other classmates:

Texts shared between Sarah M and I

Text shared between Jesa C and i

Text shared on Discord to help out Carson

Overall, I was present and contributed to the classes during zoom calls in and out of breakout rooms, I stayed in contact with a few of my classmates on the daily about blog posts, and I provided well thought out blog posts. I also took the time after class to go through the websites posted on the weekly plans to further my learning on technology. The only thing I would have changed was being more consistent on commenting on others blog posts.

• Uzma Farhat

Hi Jenna,
    I really liked your honest opinion about helping each other in the class and agreed with you that after learning some new ways if using technology, I feel its a beginning of learning as well!
    Best,
    Uzma