Resources

Below you will find photos, resources, and various forms of media that either I have found, or created myself. Enjoy!

Shelley Moore is a Canadian teacher and advocate for inclusive education. Their Youtube series, Five Moore Minutes, is a phenomenal resource sharing how educators can support ALL learners. Their videos are light hearted, specific, and totally worth the watch!

Five Moore Minutes

The National Centre for Collaboration in Indigenous Education is full of extraordinary content. From storytelling to language to holistic lesson plans…there are so many great materials that are readily available for teachers to implement Treaty Education into their pedagogy. Be sure to check it out!

National Centre for Collaboration in Indigenous Education

The North East School Division Curriculum Corner is an invaluable resource that has helped me with lesson planning and class prep. It provides various assessments, rubrics, and outcome based documents that are relevant to each grade and subject area. I would highly recommend checking it out if you are new to lesson planning!

Curriculum Corner

Logo

The Regina Speech Centre is a private clinic that offers individual therapy, reading and writing supports, and assessments to children and adults. Their areas of expertise include speech delays, traumatic brain injuries, Autism Spectrum Disorder, stuttering, parent coaching and more. The group of Speech & Language Pathologists provide a warm, welcoming space to listen and empower individuals. Below is the link to the Regina Speech Centre website for more details!

https://reginaspeechcentre.com/

Contact Us - Regina Speech Centre

Joseph Naytowhow is a Cree singer, songwriter, and story teller from the Sturgeon Lake First Nation Band in Saskatchewan. As an accredited interdisciplinary artist, Joseph spends his time attending conferences, performing at symposiums, and sharing his cultural knowledge to youth in the province. Check out his website below

https://josephnaytowhow.com

${vImageAlt}
Image found HERE

White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack is an exceptional article written by Peggy McIntosh. With her primary work surrounding Women and Gender Studies, McIntosh decided to explore other systemic hierarchies in the world today. Her article does a very good job of explaining how white people are often conditioned to be “neutral” when it comes to racial disputes. I highly recommend giving it a read if you are interested in learning more about white privilege and how it effects daily life.

Read McIntosh’s article HERE

All Are Welcome is a children’s book written by Alexandra Penfold and Suzanne Kaufman. It encapsulates what diversity and inclusiveness looks like, using a tone that is easy to follow along with. It would be a great addition to any classroom library!

Listen and watch a read along video below!

Read Aloud

Using Words with Dignity: Terms and Guidelines to Portray People with Disabilities

This is a great document to read if you would like to learn more about Inclusive Education and the importance of dismantling existing systems intended to segregate.

Click HERE to check it out!

This photo was taken by an unknown protester on July 1, 2021 in Winnipeg Manitoba. My sister and I joined hundreds of people to march for all the Indigenous children who never came home from Indian Residential Schools. Once we arrived at our final destination a few hours later, we heard stories from elders and listened to past experiences from Residential School Survivors. To say the least, it was a very powerful day and I am grateful I got the opportunity to be a part of it. #NoPrideInGenocide

Uzoma Asagwara (they/them) is currently a Winnipeg, MB resident. In 2019, they were sworn in as the first Black and Queer person elected to the Legislative Assembly of Manitoba. On top of their political involvement, Uzoma is very active in the community. I met them in my grade 10 year in high school, when they came as a guest speaker on the Day of Pink. They are a great person to follow along with if you are passionate about government, mental health, and LGBTQ+ rights. #NDP

Twitter / Instagram

UA
uzoma1.jpg

This photo was taken in 2018 during the Canadian Mental Health Awareness Week in May. My high school, Dakota Collegiate Institute, had a student led committee that advocated for wellbeing in our community. This was 1 of 4 marches I led during my high school career.

Michael Redhead Champagne (he/him) is a Motivational Speaker, Ininew Helper, Host, and Author in Winnipeg, Manitoba. He was an educational assistant who worked in inner city classrooms in Winnipeg as well. Now Michael uses his platform to share the power of Indigenous knowledge and ways of being and doing. Click THIS LINK to read one of his articles titled, “The Kind of Teacher I Want To Be”.