Can Youtube help with learning guitar?

Can Youtube help with learning guitar?

After having some time to try and remember what I had previously learned I feel that I have been decently successful. I relearned my simple scale, and have been working on relearning the basic cords. I feel that this is a pretty good starting point because the scales help with finger movement on the fret board and learning the cords is just something I should know if I want to succeed in playing the guitar. Of course because I am impatient I jumped right into trying to learn a song, the song I chose was blackbird by the beetles. This song is beautiful and although it sounded hard to play I felt that I could easily tackle the challenge. I decided to go to youtube because it is a well known place to learn how to play guitar; there are so many people online willing to share their knowledge and expertise that it makes it pretty easy to learn anything you want. I will admit that due to the ease of access it is #1 on my list of technologies to use when it comes to learning the guitar, however what I found was that majority of the people online go much to quickly for you to really learn anything. I feel that all the people trying to teach a song online expect you to be very good at playing the guitar already or they expect you to know how to play every cord rather than giving you a basic walkthrough. Overall between my first post and this one I found that I have improved not a whole lot, but there is a difference. I would also like to rate youtube a 6.5/10 as a resource for teaching me how to play guitar; it is so easy to just look something up and find hundreds of different videos of people showing you how to do it, the only real drawback I found was that majority of the people expect you to already be a pro, I have yet to find someone who shows you how to play at a very basic level where they walk you through step by step. Would I use youtube again, yes but I would wait until I am better to re access it.