The “Ultimate Guitar” lessons

The “Ultimate Guitar” lessons

I really tried to do some digging but was ultimately trapped by countless apps and websites wanting full payment before being able to use them. for this weeks post I went with a website that is quite simple and pretty similar to another app I previously used called Guitar tab. This new website I found is called ultimate guitar, this is a free to use website or app that you can access at any time. when looking for overall ease of use this website has it, yes, there are adds plastered everywhere but if you don’t mind them, you are able to freely access any song you want and learn how to play it! Another thing I am very thankful for is the fact that there is no immediate subscription needed to enjoy this website. All the main features are accessible right off the bat which was refreshing to say the least. I used my time with this app to look through what it has to offer, and I have to say, I am impressed. There are shorts of people playing songs, a top tabs chart that allow you to see the most accessed tabs at anytime and there are even posts being made on the website to make sure you are up to date with all thing’s guitar related.

One thing I really enjoyed when initially diving in was the addition of a comments page and ratings page. You are able to go in and see how tabs are rated based on other people’s thoughts. At the bottom of any tab, you are able to see comments that are left in regard to changes that could be made or even just people’s overall thoughts. The community aspect that is brought on by the addition of these two features adds an extra layer of learning and support from an ever-growing community which I found priceless. Of course, being a major country fan, I wanted to dive right in, so I found one of my favorite artists, Cody Johnson. On the page that comes up there are countless songs of his that are posted along with official versions that have backing tracks to go along with the tabs. Sadly I am nowhere near where I wished id be at this point so I was unable to do any justice to the songs but I truly did enjoy looking into them and seeing the options that are out there. If anyone wants to take a look at his song list here is the link.

Although the website has so many features available right off the bat, we need to look into what the pro version has to offer. There are lessons available, background tacks to help you play at the right pace etc. in all honesty this is probably one of the easiest sites to use when it comes to teaching yourself how to learn the guitar, especially if you know the basics such as chords and strumming patterns. Overall id rate this as a 9/10 based solely on its ease of use. It is very helpful to not have to pay for 85% of the experience which is why I rate it so highly.