Math Lesson 2 (Pre-Internship)

Lesson Description:

This is an introduction to quadrilaterals and perimeter. Since students just finished their learning about adding and subtracting decimals. This lesson is to enhance their skills further in adding and subtracting decimals, as well as open their minds to how we can apply these skills further such as adding the sides of a shape.

What went well:

• Students listened carefully and followed the notes on the presentation to their worksheets.
  • Students mostly followed the instructions on the worksheets and the rules during work time.
  • Most of the students tried their best to answer the questions on the worksheets and submit them at the end of the lesson.

What could be improved:

• Time management: the set went way too long because I figured I should slow it down so students would understand this new topic.
  • It felt like it was too much information for the students. I could have split the topics into two lessons: one lesson for just quadrilaterals and one lesson for perimeter.
  • Content error: I made the mistake of telling the students that a rhombus is a diamond. Make sure to double-check the contents I am teaching to the students.

PDF version of the lesson below:

Quadrilaterals and Perimeter Worksheet ver 2

Quadrilaterals and Perimeter

Quadrilaterals and Perimeter Lesson Plan