Feeling Old

I personally find these questions about technology in my classroom, difficult to answer.  We literally had the big box screens plugged into the wall. Practiced typing and had green robotic letters appear on the screen.  There were math games on there but it was nothing like the technology is today.  The first I remember technology in my classroom was grade 4, so I was already 9 or 10.  It was 1988 when I was 10 so I will let you do the math haha.  I do remember how exciting it was once our school got computers.  At first each classroom had a station with one computer or two if we were lucky.  We all rotated but eventually the elementary schools opened computer labs so classes could use them all at the same time. Which was essentially just a designated classroom. A  favorite time during the school day.

I was the era of  the VHS being rolled into the classroom on a utility cart for movie day.  If I am being honest, I don’t remember many things about safety rules except for stating within your typing/practice time. There wasn’t the dangers then without constant internet access to the rest of the world.

This picture could be my childhood computer lab.