Welcome back! This is gonna be the last tool I share with you before the learning summary. And boy, it’s a good one.

Today I finally scoured the Youtube space. I was a bit daunted going into the Youtube space because it’s a very accessible tool that has an overwhelming amount of content. You could scroll  through the various “learning german” youtube channels all day and not reach the end. It can be very time consuming to find a content creator that fits the need you are looking for. 

By happenstance, one of the first videos I clicked was from the Youtube channel : Learn German with GermanPod101.com

I was intrigued with how they were doing the breakdown of each section, so I continued on. At 12:08, the section covered making apologies. The teacher explained the differences and contexts between entschuldige, entschuldigen sie and entschuldigung. I was immediately hooked after that, as some of the other resources I have used in the past did not explain it. 

I soon looked at their other videos and playlists. They had vocabulary, listening comprehension and reading practice videos, for all different levels of learners. I also noticed they had a website and app. Of course, it was a free trial, but I wanted to check out what they had. It not only included videos that were not on the channel, but also lesson notes/transcripts and language tips. They had a flashcard system and a way to track your progress. You can also access assessments and a 1-on-1 teacher in the premium plus version, which I thought was pretty neat. It’s organized to really help a learner progress from a beginner stage to an advanced stage.

Overall, this is a good resource to use not only for memorization, but to understand the language itself. Also fairly accessible and can easily be put in the background while doing chores. 9.5/10

What kind of Youtube tutorials do you watch? Let me know!