Gender Identification #4

Being a woman is challenging in many different ways. Some individuals expect us to act a certain way or do things a certain way, and it can be not very pleasant. I remember times in elementary school when teachers would say something along the lines of “I need a strong boy to help me carry…

By Kacie March 25, 2021 2

Socioeconomic Status #3

While growing up, my family never had a lot of money. However, I would not consider us poor because there was never a time when we had to worry about not having food on the table every day; we never had to worry about power or anything like that being turned off. My mom ensured…

By Kacie March 25, 2021 1

Hey! We look different! #2

I was born and raised in Big River Saskatchewan which is about two hours north of Saskatoon. It is a very small town and some people refer to it as a reserve. With it being classified as a reserve I went to school with a few First Nations kids and became close friends with some…

By Kacie February 25, 2021 0

Discussion Provocation #1

“We are all treaty people”. I have heard this more than once throughout the 13 years of schooling. I never really understood what it meant until I talked to some relatives. On my fathers side there is a long line of Metis peoples, my siblings and I are apart of the long history. I have…

By Kacie January 26, 2021 3

Being Canadian #1

I remember almost vividly of a winter day throughout my time in elementary school. It was freezing outside and the wind blowing felt like thousands of tiny pins piercing my skin. Throughout the day the sky would be filled with falling white dots and everyone would stare out the windows waiting eagerly to play in…

By Kacie January 20, 2021 0

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my ePortfolio! My name is Kacie Reimer and I am a first year education student at the University of Regina working towards becoming a high school English teacher. While looking through this ePortfolio you are taking a step into my journey to becoming an educator and seeing what that journey has…

By Kacie October 6, 2020 1