Who Am I?

My name is Kacie Reimer, I am currently in my first year at the University of Regina. I am working towards earning a Secondary Education Degree, my major being English and my minor is Biology. My goal in life has always been to teach high school students english as it has always been my favourite class. I was born and raised in the very small town of Big River Saskatchewan, the population was approximately 700-800 people. While living there the thought of what I wanted to be when I grew up always went through my mind. After i realized that i could not be a princess, the tooth fairy or an astronaut my mind instantly went to teaching. There are a few factors that led me to want to become a teacher. Two of the mains reasons are both of my beautiful, intelligent nieces. They are 3 and 5 years old and watching them grow and learn has been so amazing. They learn so many new things everyday and watching how excited they get after discovering how to learn something new or hearing their stories after getting home from school made me think about how exciting it would be to make other children feel that excitement. Although I am hoping to teach at the high school level, I know personally myself and others liked going to school and found that expanding our knowledge has always been interesting. While growing up I have always been outgoing. Going out in public, meeting new people and making new friends has always been so exciting to me.