Learning Together #EDTC300

This was one rare class where I was encouraged to talk to classmates! So often teachers are always saying “quit talking”! This was not the case. Being encouraged to spend time on my phone and computer talking to others was a little strange for me. I have never blogged before and now that I have started it is something that I really enjoy. I would like to keep up with it if I can. Even if I don’t continue posting I would like to continue reading blogs as a way of learning and networking with others. I wasn’t a Twitter newbie at the beginning of this class, but I never really saw the point of it. It wasn’t like other social networking platforms I have used before so I never gave it a chance. Now that I have used it from a professional standpoint I see the benefits for sure. It is a platform I plan on making a regular in my social networking regime. There is a whole world out there in technology land and I am grateful I was exposed to it through this class.

I worked really hard at trying to interact with my peers as well as others who I don’t know on Twitter. I participated in a Sask Ed chat with people all over the province. I also found articles to share with my followers and offered my opinion on posts that I read.

When it came to blogging I offered up regular posts for people to read. I worked on making useful links for my readers to follow that lead to useful websites. I tried out apps like TikTok and Boomerit, which I have never used before. I enjoyed reading and commenting on my classmates blogs and following along with their journey from afar.

Networking is such an important thing, especially in the education field. Education is constantly evolving so teachers need to be constantly learning. The best way to learn is from each other. Other educators who understand what you are going through as a teacher, are the best people to be teaching you in this ever evolving world. #EDTC300Rocks