My Experience with the Dispo Camera App

June 16, 2024 2 By Kate Johnson

This week, I decided to check out an app called Dispo, which a classmate suggested in my last learning post. This app is another type of “disposable” camera app, similar to the ones I tried out last week, the HUJI app and the Gudak app. When opening the app, it looks like a disposable camera. Like the HUJI app, you can tap on the view and make it bigger to see better when taking a photo. The app includes a scroll dial for adjusting zoom, flash settings, and changing the camera’s orientation. The app also offers the choice between taking 0.5X or 1X magnification pictures.

After taking a photo, it takes 16 hours for the image to “develop,” but there is an option to instantly develop your photo by watching a five-second ad. Another advantage of this app is that you can take an unlimited number of pictures. The app also automatically adds a filter to the photos but only provides one filter for free, as you have to pay for the rest of them. One thing I did not like was that there were no settings to adjust the exposure, resulting in the photos being a little bright or dark.

The filter that comes with the app enhances the vibrancy of colours in the images. The Dispo app is also very user-friendly, as there are not many settings you have to worry about changing or adjusting. The app allowed me an opportunity to try a three-day free trial. With the paid version, there are 17 different options for additional filters. I was pleasantly surprised by the colours in the photos from the different filters, as they were vibrant or had vintage looks. Compared to the other “disposable” camera apps I have tried, this one was one of my favourites, and I would recommend it to others.

For this photo, I used the “Sunshot” filter, which makes the image look golden.

For this photo, I used the filter “Noircam,” which gives the image a black-and-white 1940s look.

For this photo, I used the “Vibecam” filter, which gives the image a summery feel.

For this photo, I used the “Vibecam” filter, which adds saturation and contrast to the image.