My Journey into Photography

May 12, 2024 2 By Kate Johnson

Welcome Everyone!

For my learning project, I decided to enhance my photography skills. I have a passion for photography (although I am not very good at it), so I thought this learning project was a great opportunity to do so. 

To start, I have decided to use my phone camera to take pictures. Although I have a basic understanding of photography, I find that my photos lack creativity, a focal point, and colour. Therefore, I plan to start with the basics and familiarize myself with my phone’s camera settings and features. I will learn about aperture, shutter speed, and how to control the amount of light that enters the camera. I plan to use YouTube videos, TikTok, and various apps.

Additionally, I plan to delve deeper into photography by learning lighting manipulation, different angles, focal points, settings, modes, and features. I will experiment with exposure and contrast to create mood and depth in my photos. I also plan to use different apps like Adobe Lightroom to enhance my editing skills. I will learn how to use these apps to adjust colours, saturation, brightness, and contrast to make my photos more appealing. I am particularly excited to learn how to use natural light to create different moods and capture moments in different and unique ways. I will explore different times of the day and weather conditions to create different effects in my photos.

On the weekend, while I was at my cabin, I had the opportunity to photograph the northern lights. However, the images turned out blurry, and I would love to learn how to make them clearer. I will learn about image stabilization, tripod use, and other techniques to avoid blurry photos.

I aspire to tell a story through a photo and capture creative moments. I would love to hear feedback, thoughts, or suggestions to help me improve my skills. 

Thank you for joining me on my learning journey!