“Hoggy Warty Hogwarts Teach Us Something, Please.” -Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

I hope you guys are Harry Potter Fans! This weeks title is from the Hogwarts song in The Goblet of Fire. Hogwarts was the first thing that came to mind when I heard the name Magic School.

Today I reviewed the artificial intelligence resource Magic School. The idea of artificial intelligence making its way into the hands of students is scary as a future educator. Magic School is a resource made for teachers that can help keep educators up to speed with their busy workloads.

It helps to generate resources that help with planning, content, questions, intellectual prep, student support, communication, and community tools. All you have to do is give a prompt, the more detail, the more you will gain.

AI is able to do a wide range of different tasks throughout the site. These include:

• Multiple Choice Assessments
  • Report Card Comments
  • Rubric Generator
  • Lesson Plan Generator
  • Youtube Video Questions
  • Teacher Jokes
  • Song Generator (about any topic)
  • Real World Connections

There are so many more options. Although you should always be checking your resources, as well as fact-checking, Magic School works as a great starting point for teachers.

Recent Upgrades in Magic School

Just went down their biggest upgrade ever

I was able to sign up through my google account

The lesson plan builder in the newest upgrade makes formatting much easier and more accessible. It provides suggestions for what is missing or what to do next. It gives a number of different resources personalized to your lesson plan. The creator of Magic School also incorporated his own touch, bringing in levels of Mild, Medium, and Spicy which represent the benchmarks as not yet meeting, meeting, or exceeding the current work. This option will generate resources and lessons that help meet students needs at all levels. Drafts and resources are now able to save automatically as well as the option of auto save. The process for exporting a file is another new advancement as part of the new upgrade. You are able to save and export resources and drafts as a separate file.

If you’re still not sold on Magic School, there is a long list of educators, coaches, and faculty fellow that have left their own personalized reviews to help you determine if this is something that interests you or not.