To Be Determined

Lights! Camera! Action!

Finally, the movie has all come together. Throughout this process, I have not found a title that I felt fit the film. In the mean time, the title ‘To Be Determined..’ always held its place. However, after completing the project, I think that is a fitting title.

‘To Be Determined’ takes you on the raw, emotional, and real journey of ONE perspective of depression and anxiety. It’s important to me that I make it clear that this is only my view on the illness through my experience and those around me. Carson did an amazing job of bringing these visions to life. Just because this is one person’s view, does not mean that it is the same as everyone’s.

***BEFORE WATCHING***

Trigger Warning: This video contains flashing lights, loud noises, and sensitive content including discussions of suicide and self-harm. Viewer discretion is advised. Please refrain from watching if you might be negatively affected by these topics.

What was the point of the visuals (lights, static) as well as the loud noise?

I’m sorry for the jump scare! I definitely thought about tuning those flashing scenes down however I wanted the viewing process itself to feel on edge and uncomfortable. I wanted it to align with the chaos, nuisance, and discomfort that follows mental illness.