Practice makes Perfect

Practice makes Perfect

This week I wanted to practice my piping skills, as piping with icing is a big part in decorating a cake. I did not do anything crazy with my piping but just worked with some of the different piping tips. Watch my time-lapse below to see me practicing piping.

The apps I explored was using time-lapse and iMovie. I have used iMovie before to crate videos, but I wanted to step up my game with the editing. For my time-lapse i used two different devices to show two different point of view when i was piping. After I was done recording my time-lapse, i uploaded my two videos onto iMovie. I then split the clips at different times, to show an overview and right after that scene have it cut into a sideview afterwards. After I was done editing the video I added sound to it so its not as boring, as time-lapse videos do not have sound to them.

Some tips on using iMovie 

• Command/Control Z is your best friend when editing on iMovie, as this is the tool that undo changes.
  • Using the split clip tool is useful to split the clip. It make it easy to know where to split 2 clips of the same video but different point of view is ,by putting one video above each other and then splitting the videos at the same time.
  • When you don’t want sound on a video when it has sound with it, you can detach the audio so the video will no longer have sound.