The Tik Tok Cake!

The Tik Tok Cake!

Last week for my learning project, I went onto Tik Tok to see if I was able to learn skill and information on decorating cakes. I was able to find lots of helpful videos of all different type. From learning how to crumb coat better, a link to someone blog with lots of help tips on decorating cakes, and I found a cake I wanted to try and recreate. Here is the cake I will be remaking!

@stephcarr.5

A great christmas cake decorating idea for beginners! #christmascake #christmasbaking

♬ It’s Beginning to Look a Lot like Christmas – Michael Bublé

And here is how my cake turned out!

My cake is a bit different from the Tik Tok cake, but over all I think I did well. I first started off with the crumb coat which I still struggle with still. I also struggle with covering the whole cake, as you can see some of the cake underneath the icing. After I was done with doing the crumb coat, I started working on the “wreath” looking swills on the top. Once i did that my cake was looking plain, so i decide to put some peppermint Kiss on every other icing swill as well, I chop some of the Kisses up to get shavings. And lastly I add my icing Christmas tree that is made out of icing, in my next blog post you will see me learn how to make a icing Christmas tree!