Cyber Safety In Grade 8

Cyber Safety In Grade 8

Today cyber safety will be talked about lots in the classroom. As the internet plays a big part in our lives and society around us, so talking about cyber safety in the classroom is important. When i was in grade 8, we had a cop come and talk to us about the the safety of using the internet. On how what we post onto the internet is on there forever and can’t be removed once it is posted/sent. I would say the cop kind of used a scare tactic on us about never being able to remove anything off the internet. In grade 9, i had to make a cyber bullying project for health class. I had to create a poster of how cyber bullying can be used and how it can effect someone. By creating this poster, it showed how cyber bullying happens everyday and all over the internet in different ways from commenting mean comments on someones post, posting bad photos of someone, saying mean things behind someones back over different media platforms.Another thing my school did was a bully radar which would happen once a month. We were given piece of paper to write down if we have seen anything on the internet or in the school of someone being bullied. we would wright our information anonymous when giving it back our piece of paper to our teacher. This helped the teachers know if there was anything going on the internet or in the school that they did not know about or notice.

One thought on “Cyber Safety In Grade 8

1. That’s interesting that you had a police officer talk to you about this- do you think it was effective? Or was the scare tactic not taken seriously by your class? Part of me thinks it’s useful for students to learn some of the legalities of what happens online, but also we know scare tactics are not effective with kids.