Stalking my Friends

Stalking my Friends

Finding information on someone these days, is pretty easy especially  if they post/use the internet. For this blog post, I needed to look up some of my classmates. The classmates I choose my two friends Torri Hollstein and Sydney Winterholt, because I already know these girls, I will pretend i don’t know them. Making sure I don’t use my own Instagram to look them up and so on.

Torri Hollstein

I first looked up Torri on Google and found lots of information from there. I was able to find her Instagram, Facebook page, Edusites blog and lots about her skating. From her Instagram I was able to find her VSCO as it was in her bio, as well as the team she skates on which is NEXXICE Senior. Which lead me to look more on Google about her Skating, as there where many photos and videos of her competing. I was able to Look at her figure skating results from back in 2019 and as well back in 2016, which shows her profile. From Torri’s blog, i was able to find her twitter page as well as some information about herself like how she currently live in Hamilton, Ontario, her hobbies include watching movies, teaching kids how to skate, and skating. I was able to find lots about Torri and notice many different things she likes to do.

Sydney Winterholt

I next looked up Sydney on Google as well and found not as much information on her. I was able to find her Facebook page, her Edusites blog and articles about her from the news about school and curling. I first looked on Sydney Facebook page but i was not able to find much, as i was only able to see past profiles photos. I next looked at her Edusites blog where i was able to find some information on her as well found her twitter. I found out she is from North Battleford, Saskatchewan, family is a very big part of her life, and she likes playing sports like softball, and curling. Which make sense, as i found an article on Sydney about curling. As Sydney was pick to be part of SaskEnergy Future Stars, which is being pared up with a curling team from the Tim Horton’s Brier back in 2018. After i looked at all i could find on Sydney off of Google, I decide to see if I could find her on Instagram. I was able to look up her name of there and found her, but was not able to see any of her post as she was private. I was able to find a bit less on Sydney on the web when looking her up.

Overall, I learned that i’m actually good at finding information on people when i need. I did not try that hard to stalk my friends Torri and Sydney as i already knew lots about them. But i would still say i’m capable and good at finding any information on someone I don’t know already on the internet.

One thought on “Stalking my Friends

1. Definitely interesting to get another perspective on the stalking assignment, levels of findings seem vast throughout the activity. You had more success then I!