My last attempt at knitting went way better than my first attempt. I found purling to be quite easy to keep up with. This week I decided to give myself a challenge – to make a new project that combines a row of knit stitch and then a row of purl stitch and switch back and forth between the two. I watched this video to help me get started. I found this woman on this video to be very helpful and slow enough that I could follow along quite well. I began my casting off and I started my first row with the knit stitch. I then went to the purl stitch for my second row. Already at this point, I was having difficulty keeping track of what kind of stitch I just did for a row – so of course I did mess up somewhere along the way and I ended up switching what it looked like completely!

you can tell that half of it is one way and the other half changes ??‍♀️

My goal for this week was to make something that resembled a dish cloth since I figured that would be nice and small and easy to make. Obviously I just need to figure out a system to keep track of my rows so I don’t mess up completely again!!!

I know my boyfriends grandma has a notebook where she keeps track of her rows, so that is something that I will probably have to do so I can keep my rows straight!!!

I would say so far, the YouTube videos I have chosen have helped me get the idea of things, now I just need my brain power to kick in and with practice, I think that I could consider knitting in the future for fun!