Blog #8

In my future classroom, I am hoping to my classroom will be a safe and welcoming for the students that come into my classroom. My walls will be covered in welcoming posters and bright colours for my students to read and to look at.  I am still working on understanding the full meaning and ways of teaching with a culturally relevant pedagogy. I also want my students to make their own posters either for the classroom or for their desk so when they are having a bad day they can look at what they made. This will also help me understand how my students are in my classroom. I also want my classroom to sound like when you walk by that my students are having the best time in my classroom, I want it to be a little noisey but not very loud.

As a future teacher, incorporating a sense of place in my classroom I would start by having my students listen to a member of the community or city  talk about their sense of place in the community. i would also tell my students my feelings of places in the community, and the classrooms that i have been in, I would get my students to brianstorm a place or two of what their feelings were like when they went to that place in the community.

One thought on “Blog #8

1. Hello Macy, I really enjoyed your post this week! I believe that every teacher wants to create a safe and welcoming classroom for the students. I also want my classroom to be colorful and have inspiring poster or quotes to create a positive and motivating atmospheres in the classroom.