TikTok: The Complicated Puzzle

This week was full of highs and lows! Very unserious lows, but embarrassing none the less. This week our assignment was to use a tool that we have never used for education purposes to show off our learning projects. I decided to use TikTok to create a video. Like lots of people, I use TikTok often, but have never actually made and edited a video on it. The process was actually quite easy. First I just took a video of the steps I was taking during my clay creations this week. It was definitely a little difficult to film and work at the same time. Then I figured out how to add a song into the background and take out the original audio. TikTok made that very easy as well, the steps were very obvious and I didn’t even have to look it up before hand. After fixing the background audio, I recorded a voice over. This was also very easy, as long as you know what to say! I had a few takes but in the end I think it came out good.

Now onto where it gets embarrassing. As I was attempting to smooth out my clay piece, I accidentally posted the TikTok to my story, before I recorded my voice over! I think one person saw it and they were probably very confused. I was worried that I lost all of my footage but I was able to save the video to my camera roll then delete it from my story. After I got that problem navigated, I figured out how to upload it back into TikTok to record the voice over. Even with this little hiccup, I’m proud of how it came out!

Next I had to figure out how to add the TikTok into this post. That was definitely a little complicated. First I tried to download the TikTok to my camera roll straight from my drafts. It turns out you can’t do that so I decided to upload the TikTok privately, but there was a problem there: no one would be able to see it. So then I finally downloaded it to my camera roll, posted it to YouTube with the setting on that allowed people with a link to see it. This was a complicated puzzle for someone who doesn’t do much with videos! Needless to say, it was a fun process and I learned a lot this week!

4 thoughts on “TikTok: The Complicated Puzzle

1. Hey Makenna, you did such a great job with your TikTok and your clay creations turned out so cute! 🙂

I totally feel your pain, I have tried making a few TikToks myself and it can be a little finicky and frustrating at times but it definitely looks like you figured it all out! Nice work on your voice over and transitions as well, those are tough things to master!

It would be really nice if TikTok had a setting like YouTube where you can share something but only people with the link can see the video, that definitely would be a useful feature!

You should totally keep up with the TikTok project updates! It was a fun way to experience your Learning Project!

2. Hey Makenna, your video turned out great! I loved the music you chose and the voice over made me want to keep watching. I haven’t used tik tok to make videos and am contemplating if that’s what I will do for my activity this week. It is a little scary to think that when I put it out there anyone can see it. I wonder if there’s an option to turn off comments. I love your clay objects they are adorable! Maybe if you keep up with this you can make a side gig out of it and use digital resources to advertise and grow your business!
    I look forward to seeing more!

3. Hi Makenna!

Awesome video, your jack-o-lantern candle holder is absolutely adorable! I think you are well on your way to maybe having a new business idea happening 😉 hah!

Sounds like your journey making a TikTok came with some mixed emotions, but thats all part of learning and figuring it out too! It turned out great, I liked the cute background music you added as well 🙂

4. I think that the final products and the video turned out well! It has the same style and vibe as other TikTok videos that I have seen, so good job on that! Your clay creations look amazing, and I hope the next ones get easier/more fun.