The Summary of my Learning Project – See what I did there?

Over the past few weeks, I have been working on ideas to present the final product of my learning project as well as putting together my summary of learning. I thought to myself, “What better way to show my summary of learning than THROUGH my learning project?!”

After brainstorming with my students of how I could mix together Star Wars, Harry Potter, and The Simpsons, I was able to put together a combination of what my learning project has taught me with everything that we have learned in EDTC300.

I started my final project as I mention previously, through brainstorming with my students. Once I heard a few great ideas, I started putting together a script. The idea of combining my learning project with my summary of learning came to me while I was thinking of how I could present it. What better way than to use the skills that I’ve been learning all semester long through stop motion than to use that to share EVERYTHING that I have learned so far. I started with the idea that Vart (changed name for copyright purposes) would have an upcoming test on blogs and the functions of Twitter. Hairy Potta (again, copyright) and his friends would be able to help Vart study a bit while he explains the functions of those topics. Afterward, those characters end up on the S.S. Killstar (you get it at this point…), where they landing in a room with workers talking about online safety, didgtal literacy and digital identity.

I thought this would be a fun way to end my learning journey and I’m happy with what I learned along the way. From having 0 experience with stop motion to creating a short film with 400+ images and tons of audio mixed in, I learned a lot during this process. Someone who has never done stop motion might think that taking 400+ pictures would be the most tedious part of the process, however theĀ Stop Motion Studio app makes it so easy. The most tedious part by far is adding the audio and making sure that the audio and images line up properly. At this point, I’ve spent many hours putting together different stop motions and learning different skills. My final product might not be perfect, and it is nowhere near what professionals can do but I’m proud of what I’ve created and I hope you enjoy my final product!

4 thoughts on “The Summary of my Learning Project – See what I did there?

1. Hello Marcus,

I should first give you respect for your time and dedication in making this animated video. It is really awesome as it covers all the topics that we did in the course. You have a great talent in technology. Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful Christmas per anticipation.