Welcome!

Welcome!

Hello there and Вітаю!

Welcome to my very first blog post – ever!

My name is Mariia, and before I introduce myself, I want to thank you for visiting my ePortfolio. I would love to share a little bit about myself so I invite you to come along with me on this journey of me becoming a high school teacher.

I am in my first year of the Secondary Education after degree program at the University of Regina which has led me to this class! I believe that the use of educational technology has grown exponentially in the last few years and during a pandemic it became a necessity. I cannot call myself a tech-person but getting my university degrees and online learning has helped me to develop my tech skills. I think that using technology in various ways in the classroom helps to improve the learning experience and make education a better place. I am excited to explore technology through this course!

I am originally from Ukraine, and I moved to Canada in 2017 when I started my Master’s Degree program in Chemistry at the University of Windsor. During my graduate studies, I worked as a teaching assistant and that’s when I realized that I was so passionate about working with students, sharing my knowledge and energy, and helping them succeed both as a student and as a person.

Wascana Trails with Ollie Graduation from the University of Windsor Mount McDonald Hike

I am also a dog mom to a crazy Australian shepherd puppy, and when I say crazy, I mean it 🙂 His name is Ollie and he is very energetic but I love keeping up with him. I enjoy travelling, hiking, camping, and anything outdoors. It allows me to explore new places and experience nature, as well as get away from stress of daily life.

As for blogging, I have never had any experience with creating a blog, but I have enjoyed learning about it so far! I think blogging gives you an opportunity to tell your story and speak your “unique voice”. We live in the world where everything is becoming more and more tech-based where your online presence will replace your resume in 10 years. As a result, I see the benefits in creating a digital identity, so here we go!

Please feel free to navigate through my site and learn more about who I am and what brought me here!

Check out the drop-down list for more options:

Who Am I?

My Educational Journey