EDTC300 Blog Posts

Blog Post 9: The Power of AI

The Ai tool that I tried was this AI Art Generator!

WIRED breaks down the process of AI image generators as individuals inputting a descriptive string of words, referred to as the prompt, which outlines the image(s) they want to generate. The generator uses this prompt to make an image best suited for the description given. (WIRED, Picture Limitless Creativity at Your Fingertips, Nov 22). The prompt I put in the generator was “cow on mars”, and seeing the final product was a fun experience for me since this was all new to me. Since I was introduced to this amazing tool during one of our class Zoom meetings, I couldn’t resist but to try this out myself. The possibilities with this seemed endless, as I fooled around and found out that the best generated images were the ones with silly prompts.

I believe this AI photo tool can be a good educational resource. This tool could serve as an engaging way to learn about AI (artificial intelligence) and create a great starting point for discussions about its purposes. Additionally a fun way to use this tool could be incorporating it into assignments or projects. This would give students creative freedom, where theirĀ  prompts could lead to interesting and special creations. By using this tool, students could definitely explore various concepts art, such as style, technique, and color, enhancing their understanding through the digital world of AI.

The use of this tool also does support different learning styles and assessment methods. This can be seen through its ability to personalize the users experience based on the individuals imagery needs, and also does not discriminate on who is able to access this source. One disadvantage I noticed with this tool is that there is no audio-to-text option, which could bring challenges for visually impaired individuals or those who cannot type on a computer. Incorporating this feature in the future, would promote inclusivity and ensure that all students have the opportunity to access this tool!