New stitches!!

This week on my learning blog post I continued to knit my scarf. As I continue to knit my scarf I realize there has to be a new blog post this week. I find myself in a pickle because I have not had to learn any new techniques to complete my scarf. Instead, I decided to come up with a different idea. I notice my blue yarn that I bought at the very beginning of this project and I reflect on my past google searches. Instead of completing my scarf I decided to teach myself a new type of stitch. 

Before I started knitting I only thought there was one way to make a stitch. I thought this because this stitch was at the top of every single one of my searches. Reason being, it was the most popular stitch people would do. 

I found this terrific website that had many different types of stitches one could do. What I enjoyed most about this website is that all the videos showed step by step processes in creating each stitch. Thus far I have felt I learned best while being able to physically watch someone attempt it before me. For those that have been following along my knitting journey, you might remember how I said I have a tough time when things are perfect. However, I have tried to change and give myself grace while learning something new. It took me a while to learn a few new stitches but I did it! 

After trying a few different stitches I found myself still loving the garter stitch (the first one I learned). I don’t know if this is because I was more confident in doing the garter stitch or if I was too scared that my new stitches were not “as good”.

Although my learning blog post this week is small, I feel a great sense of accomplishment because I have learned many new stitches, in my mind that is a success! Thanks for following along!

https://knittingknowledge.com/knitting-guides/knitting-stitches/#stockinette-stitch