You heard it here first, I knitted with FLOSS!

Ok everyone, prepare yourselves for a cool learning project post!! This post was extremely tricky as I was over in the UK for reading week and did not bring my yarn or knitting needles with me. At first, I was just going to purchase some new knitting equipment. But then the more I thought about it, the sillier it sounded to me. It made me reflect on how easily accessible it was for me to get yarn but that is not always the case for some people. I decided to use what I had and see if I could create a stitch with something I already owed.

Are you ready….

I was brainstorming with a friend and she made the suggestion of trying to knit something WITH FLOSS!! At first, I laughed and thought of how ridiculous the idea was but then I remembered how I wanted to use something I already had. In my previous learning blog post I taught myself to knit with only using my fingers so I would apply that same technique to my floss. At first it was difficult and was not going on as smoothly as yarn was. Reflecting on my very first blog post I remembered how thicker yarn was more for beginners as it was easier to use, now I fully understand why. When trying to knit with floss it became easily tangled and also took forever to create a row. Although this was difficult and frustrating, I was still about to do it! I enjoyed how even though I had no supplies I used what I had and still learned a new technique. I wouldn’t use this type of “yarn” to create anything however, it did give me more practice on knitting with my fingers. I found this an interesting creative way to apply my previous knowledge to a different kind of “fabric”. I hope you enjoyed!