LUMI

Lumi CLICK HERE to access my module on Lumi. Arkin and I decided to both create introductory courses for our prototype. Lumi was a helpful tool for this, because it allows you to create interactive lessons and videos to quickly introduce new concepts. For my module, I focused on introducing Foley artists and the art…

By Meagan February 22, 2024 4

Using Seesaw and Microsoft Teams

For our course prototype, Arkin and I are focusing on Drama 7, a subject that can be difficult to teach in a new and engaging way while also creating an environment where students can feel confident in leaving their comfort zone and expressing themselves. We decided that the blended model is a great approach, because…

By Meagan February 13, 2024 4

A.D.D.I.E with Ms. McLellan and Mr. Kauf

This course was designed with my colleague, Arkin Kauf! Click here to check out his blog. Teaching middle school drama is tough. A quarter LOVE it, a quarter REALLY dislike it, and the rest are going through the motions and counting the days until we are back to painting or drawing. It is not unusual…

By Meagan February 2, 2024 0

The Wonderful World of Blended Learning

My Experience with Blended Learning   When I was in elementary school, it was a big day when each classroom got four desktop computers. We would crowd around and work on group PowerPoints, and rotate who got to type every few minutes. We loved using this new tech, and everything was more fun when we…

By Meagan January 18, 2024 11

Welcome!

Hello everyone, and welcome to my EC&I learning journey. I am a middle years educator currently enrolled in the Teaching, Learning, and Leadership graduate studies program. While I have lots of experience teaching in online and blended learning environments, I look forward to identifying a more clear vision as to what this can look like…

By Meagan January 11, 2024 0