EDTC300,  Learning Project

Did Someone Say Pasta!?

For my first week learning how to cook I started off strong by making a favourite of mine which is… pasta!! Now, If you’re like me and enjoy being on TikTok (maybe a little too much) then you maybe you’ve come across cooking or baking videos. For me personally I always see this one specific pasta recipe making a vodka sauce and every time I see someone make it, it looks soo good! I thought this was the perfect first dish to make for my project!

This was the final product!

I will admit I was a little nervous being in charge of making supper for my family because I did not want to mess up. There also may have been a little issue along the way.. all I have to say is be careful with can lids. They are very very sharp. The process and ingredients were very simple I wasn’t too overwhelmed however, multi-tasking in the kitchen is something I will have to improve on. Overall, it turned out well! Both my dad and brother really enjoyed the sauce and thought it was very well done. They rated me a 9/10, haha. Starting off strong!

Here is the TikTok that I came across to help me make the pasta! The only thing I did differently was double the ingredients, which I would recommend if you were making this for at least 3 people!

@elliezeiler

cooking with ellie! Pasta recipe, make this tonight for dinner 😉

♬ La Vie En Rose – Emily Watts

Ingredients:

1/4 cup olive oil

1 clove of garlic

1/4 cut onion

1/4 cup tomato paste

1/2 cup heavy cream

1 tbs vodka

1 tsp red pepper flakes

Pasta

Cheese

• Ian Mansfield

Hi Melina,
    I must say, that pasta looks pretty tasty! Congrats on the first of many successes in the kitchen. Cooking is so much fun, mistakes and all, if you remember that messing things up is all part of getting better and it can be good for a laugh when things come out wrong :). I’m looking forward to seeing your next recipe! Now I am going to go eat since seeing that picture of pasta made me super hungry :p

• Shana Blenkin

Um YUM! this looks so tasty, I love that you included the recipe right on your blog so we don’t have to search for it and included the TikTok video.. I also spend way to much time on it! Did you see the new pasta recipe with the feta cheese!? I love that you are learning to cook and cooking for your family and I am sure they don’t mind that you are doing it either! Can’t wait to see what else you create!