EDTC300,  Learning Project

Stuffed Bell Peppers… Yum

This week I decided I wanted to try and make stuffed bell peppers. I have had stuffed bell peppers in the past but they were always store bought and I wanted to give it a shot and try making it myself! I loove bell peppers they are probably one of my favourite vegetables they are good either cooked, or not cooked. The process of making the bell peppers went pretty smooth and efficient. I feel like I am getting the hang of this cooking thing haha. The only thing I have a struggle with is my time management butttt I am still working on it!!

Anyways, to make the stuffed bell peppers all I did was go on YouTube and search ‘how to make stuffed bell peppers’ and boom lots of options came up. Now, with making stuffed bell peppers there are many ways to make them and what to put in them. It is really up to you. However, I came across a video and they looked so good I had to give them a try! Below is the video I used to make the bell peppers.

Here are the ingredients:

• 6 bell peppers
  • 3/4 to 1 pound of lean ground beef
  • 1 white onion diced
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 (15) ounce can of diced tomatoes, drained
  • 1 cup cooked white rice
  • 1 cup frozen corn
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese ( I used mozzarella)

I ended up using a little more rice and cheese for my bell peppers but you can use as much or as little as you want!

Overall, the bell peppers turned out alright. I don’t know if I would use this recipe again as I felt it was missing something. If I were to make stuffed peppers again I might try a different recipe and see how that one works. I would rate this like a 7/10, wasn’t my best but not my worst! It was definitely something different to make and I really enjoyed making it!

(Don’t judge my dirty oven) But these are the peppers going into the oven!
The finished product!

• Branden Smith

Hey Melina,

Those look awesome! My girlfriend made stuff bell peppers for us a few years ago, and I have always wanted to try making them myself. I am doing cooking for my learning project as well, and I think you have just given me my next week’s idea. Any tips or tricks you found while making these that you can share with me?

Good luck with your future posts!

–Branden