EDTC300,  Learning Project

Garlic-Parmesan Wings

I am very excited for this weeks meal and cannot wait to show you guys what it is! This week I was thinking chicken but I wanted to spice it up a little and try something different. So, I went onto Pinterest (you can never go wrong with Pinterest) and found a really tasty garlic-parmesan chicken wing recipe that I thought I could try! Now, I’ve had garlic-parmesan wings before but in a restaurant and really liked them, so I wanted to give these a try on my own. There were tons of recipes on these wings but with the one I found I already had everything at home with me.

The recipe is from TheKitchn that I found from Pinterest. This blog was simple to read and use which was helpful as I was making the wings. They have pictures and easy to follow directions which was great! Also listed were the ingredients which I will have at the end of my blog!

Now, lets get right into the wings!! I first started off with washing my chicken wings and then patting them dry with a paper towel. Added my spices consisting of salt, black pepper and garlic powder. I did not follow the right measurements for the spices as I wanted to add however much I wanted. I wanted to make sure these were full of flavour. I then tossed them into the oven at 400 degrees for about an hour. As that was cooking I prepped my parmesan, butter and garlic mixture so it was ready when the chicken wings were done! Once the wings were done cooking and looking nice and crispy I threw them into a big bowl with our parmesan mixture and gave them a good toss. Then there ya go! Homemade garlic-parmesan chicken wings made right at home with only a few simple ingredients. I also made a side salad to go with the wings but that was nothing too special.

Overall, I really enjoyed these wings and thought they were very delicious. I would have added more parmesan if I had some but unfortunately, I used it all up 🙁 I would definitely be making thse again in the future for sure! They were so good and had so much flavour. I enjoyed switching it up with making different kinds of chicken wings rather then just simple breaded, or salt and pepper.

Ingredients:

• 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 pounds chicken wings
  • 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, finely grated (about 1/4 cup), plus more for serving
  • 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 4 tablespoons unsalted butter

• Caelyn Hembroff

Those wings look delish! I also find Pinterest to be helpful when I’m trying to find a new recipe. Keep up the great work and I cant wait to see what you make for the final post!

• Branden Smith

Hey Melina,

Those wings look so good! My favourite food is buffalo wings, but you can’t go wrong with any type of wing. I’ve never tried making my own wings before. I’ve only ever boughten the store-bought, premade wings and they do not compare to wings at a good restaurant. Your post is making me think that I should give it a shot because they look super good!

• Jesse Braden

Hey Melina,

The Wings look great. Always one of my favorite foods. I really like any kind of wing but buffalo might be right up there at the top. I have used Pinterest before to do some cooking and baking. Thanks for easily sharing the steps and ingredients in your post. Always so many ideas with easy instructions and great pictures to look at. I have been thinking about using Pinterest in my Painting learning project as I am sure there are some great painting ideas as well. Thanks for sharing! Great Job!

• Sydney Kawa

Hello Melina!

First off, those wings look FANTASTIC! Personally, I am a vegetarian but what I miss most about the meat world? WINGS! I love that you included the recipe you used right at the bottom of the blog post, that way the reader does not need to go clicking around for the ingredients list adn take away from the post they were origanlly reading. Thank you so much for sharing! I may need to try and find a different way to make these for myself!

• Shana Blenkin

YUM! I love garlic and Parm. My favorite are from the Barely Mill! I love their creamy parmesan and garlic wings! I think I would try your recipe but add sour cream and mayo to try make it a creamy sauce. I enjoy reading your process and that you post the ingredients at the bottom of your posts!