EDTC300,  Learning Project

More classic

The Revolutionary Beethoven - Dissent Magazine

I got inspired on TikTok by watching many clips of people playing classics on the piano.

The tricky part is that most classic songs are super hard and composed for advanced levels. I saw a video on TikTok and it seemed to be an easy song so I had to give it a go!

This piece is Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata. I searched for the tutorial so I could have the music sheet for free or at least the free part of the song.

This piece was a tricky one. I have practiced my left hand so much, and this piece required me to do almost the same pattern with the right hand but now with the left hand. I think it was a great choice to improve the coordination of both hands because the previous songs I’ve been playing are really easy on the left hand and it doesn’t require a lot of ability.

But this one I can say was the most difficult of all due to the hand coordination. But I’m really happy with the results. In the beginning, I was so frustrated because I didn’t seem to have coordination at all, but after hours and hours of practice, I think I could do it. You can watch my progress here.