Press "Enter" to skip to content

Hats on for Mental Health

https://www.teachers.ab.ca/News%20Room/Campaigns/Pages/CanWeTalk.aspx#:~:text=Hats%20On!%20for%20Mental%20Health,by%20wearing%20hats%20to%20school.

Mental health is something people are afraid to talk about. I hope that we will live in a world free of stigma. A small step toward that goal, I am opening up about something I’ve always worked so hard to hide — my struggle with mental illness. Just months since I realized I was not okay. I realized I needed help. Every day I wake up & I fight. I’m learning to cope, study, work, and live. The power lies within me. I can let my mental health rule my life & I won’t let it define me. Not anymore. I am not depressed; I have depression. I am not anxious; I have anxiety. It’s been challenging & one heck of a journey. I’m forever thankful for the constant love, support & encouragement from people in my life. Build each other up, give someone a high five, be positive, and compliment someone you don’t know. If you’re struggling .. remember that you’re not alone. 

Mental health needs normalizing, “Sadly, we don’t always know the depths of someone’s depression until it is too late.” Let’s #BetheChange. Accepting struggles & getting help is hard. I know. I struggle to take it; therefore, many people don’t know. On good days & bad days, every day, I wake up with one mindset … “I can do this!” I am trying to be forgiving to myself, breaking the chain of negative “self-talk” & more proud of who I have become over the years, even months. If you’re struggling with mental health, you’re not alone. There’s always an option to start seeking help. Any small step forward is something to be proud of! #KeepOnFighting#SuicideAwareness#MentalHealthMatters Hat from a friend’s small business, Keep On Fighting Clothing Company.

Take care of your mind and body today. #TeamSELF #health #wellness | Health  and wellness quotes, Health quotes, Wellness quotes