About Me

Hi! My name is Briana Leibel. I am just starting my sixth year as an educator in Saskatchewan and I currently teach in a Pre K- Grade 12 rural School. In the past 5 years, I have taught everything from Kindergarten to Grade 12 and have taught almost every subject that is offered in Saskatchewan. I spent the first three years of my teaching career moving around a lot in schools and this helped me to gain a lot of experience with a variety of subjects and grades. I did my Bachelor’s of Secondary Education at the University of Regina where I majored in Social Studies and minored in English. However, I think that I prefer the middle years level now that I have been in the field. I have been at my current school for 3 years, and I taught Grade ⅞ my first year and then Grade 8 last year. This year I am moving into a new position that is a blend of a classroom teacher and Student Support Teacher where I am doing modular-based courses to help students with credit attainment. The new position has me managing 20+ curriculums at once on Google Classroom and I have been developing most of the course work from scratch. Which has been a lot, but it is enjoyable.

In my non-school life, I am married to my lovely husband, Drew, and we have a cat named Wesley. My husband and I have been together since my second year of undergrad and he is also a teacher, so we have been able to grow as educators together. We recently bought our first house so we are keeping busy setting up our home. I am happy to finally have my own yard to have a garden which has been a goal of mine for a few years. I have three raised garden beds that I set up this year and had given me a great little harvest for my first year. I grew up working with my grandma in her garden, so it is great to have my own now. My other hobbies include reading, crafting, hiking, camping, playing games (board games, TTRPG’s, MtG, and video games) and baking. I even built my own PC! I have ADHD so I have no shortage of hobbies to keep me occupied haha. I like to keep my days busy and I find there is always something to do!