EDTC 300,  Learning Project

Добрий день (Hello!)

This was my best week yet! I’ve been meaning to make a video to share what I learned so I made a video of words that can be helpful when you are travelling.

I was planning on finding a YouTube video to watch this week because at the beginning of the week it was my favourite way to learn. I went to google to find a video and a website popped up titled 14 Basic Ukrainian Phrases for your trip to Ukraine and it was awesome! I was hesitant to use a website because I find it very difficult to just read the words and try sound it out. This website gave the ukrainian word, the  pronunciation, and the english translation! Plus you could click play and it would read the word normal speed and then a bit slower after.

I feel so accomplished this week because I am actually speaking words in ukrainian and its exicitng to see my goal coming together!

• jones13r

I have found U tube to be a very helpful source when learning.. especially a language. i am learning sign language from you tube right now, and I think I like this medium.

• Jean-Paul Kamdem

Hello Meghan,

People generally say that kids can learn as many languages as the want, but, I think that if someone like you really want to learn a new language and put the necessary time and dedication like you, he will succeed. I can see that you trying well and I am sure that with the increase of Ukrainian immigrants in Saskatchewan, you will be rewarded in the future for this great job. Keep learning!. Thank you for sharing.