Family: In June of 2018, I got married to my best friend, Tristan. After first meeting at a summer missions program in 2013, we became friends, which then started to grow into something more, as we got to know each other. He helps me to grow and learn more about myself and life in general everyday. I’m very thankful for him.

I grew up on a farm outside of a very small town in Alberta called Veteran with my wonderful parents and incredible brother. My family has been my strongest support throughout my life, always encouraging me to try new things, helping me when I struggle, and overall,  consistently have shown their love for me.

Tristan’s family lives in the Ogema, SK area, which is where we currently reside. He has two younger brothers and three older half sisters. I have loved getting to know my new family, and I appreciate any time that we are able to meet together.

Hobbies/Interests:

Sports: Within the school, I was involved with volleyball (six years), basketball (four years), and track and field (five years). Outside of school, I was involved with soccer for over ten years. I really enjoyed doing sports and staying active. Although I haven’t done sports since high school, if there was the chance to do a community sports night now, I would definitely take part.

Music: I started playing the piano around the age of six, and have been playing ever since. In school, I learned how to play the flute for one year, before switching to the clarinet for a couple weeks, and then on to the alto saxophone. I later ended up doing piano again in our school band for junior high and high school. I joined a worship team in our church when I was in high school and still continue to help with leading worship by singing and playing the piano. I love music and the emotion that different types of songs create. I have also found a love for teaching music to others, as I used to lead a worship team with kids from our youth group.

Travel: I have had the opportunity to travel to multiple countries, one trip being being a vacation, but the majority being missions trips and layovers involved with those trips. I have gone to: USA, Mexico, Cambodia, Malawi, Amsterdam, Taiwan, and Kenya. Each experience has greatly impacted my life, and will not be forgotten. My dream is to keep travelling and explore the world with my husband, family, and friends.

Random:

I love cats – Some of my favorite memories consist of finding newborn kittens, and cuddling with cats. Tristan and I have two cats, Katara and Zuko (named after characters from the show Avatar the Last Airbender).

I really enjoy games – Board games, card games, video games, etc. Whatever will bring my friends and family together to have a fun time.

I love organizing – I consistently organize my house, my email folders, my phone apps, etc. I am a huge fan of Marie Kondo (Netflix) and her organizational techniques and The Home Edit.

I love music – Singing and playing the piano (as previously mentioned) are two of my favorite activities. I enjoy listening to old throwbacks (especially 80’s and 90’s songs) and doing karaoke.

I love journals – I try to keep track of daily events that happen in a journal, and I often like to look at old journals to reminisce about old times.

TV Shows! – I probably watch much more than I should, but some of my current favorite shows are; Downton Abbey, One Tree Hill, Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye, and The Office.

I enjoy spending time with friends and family – Although I can be quite introverted, I love being in the presence of people I love.