- Starting Strategies from Kyla: How can we address and support gender & sexual diversity in our classrooms?
- Recognize our own privileges and the oppressions of others as well
- Continue to develop a deeper understanding of gender & sexual diversity
- Broaden our worldview as it relates to culture but also gender and sexual diversity
- Challenge homophobia and transphobia remarks in all spaces
- Challenge gender norms in our classrooms
- Have discussions with families
- Avoid situations that force students to choose a gender
- Know the Education Act, STF code of ethics, Sask Human Rights Code & Canadian Charter of Rights & Freedoms
- Reflect on the kinds of language we use in the classroom
- Support alliances for Gender and Sexuality – GSAs – Gay Straight Alliances
- Make schools & classrooms welcoming and safe, a place where all people are valued
- Create that hope, to establish a safe and learning environment and make sure all students feel protected.
Deepening the Discussion Ministry of Education Link
Gender Diversity in the Elementary School